Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

1.1 Reflection - Ultimate Frisbee


  • Explain the physical sport you participated in 
The physical sport I participated in is called Ultimate Frisbee. It is a game where there are two opposing teams and a Frisbee that is used to score the aim of the game is to throw the Frisbee to a team mate that is standing over the line and for them to catch it which this is how you score. The rules to this game are simple there are two out lines on either side if the Frisbee is not caught by your team mate when thrown then it is a hand over. The Frisbee can also be intercepted by an opponent catching the Frisbee but if they fail to do so and only smack it out of the air then it is still the team that threw it's ball these are the basic rules to Ultimate Frisbee.

  • What level of effort and engagement was I participating at during today's physical activity?Why(Grade your self NA,A or M and refer to marking criteria)
I would give myself a M level of effort and engagement because I worked hard towards the goal or objective of the activity. I showed enjoyment of the activity when our team was doing well even though there were struggles with weather being too windy. I was also motivated and reliable in the practical context because I was motivated to win and score and was a reliable part of my team. I as well as seek to improve my performance through development of skills, well-being and fitness.

  • What were three factors that influenced my participation (positives/negatives -/+)?
+/positive - past experience - In previous lessons we have played this game and we withdrew a lot of enjoyment from it.

-/negative - challenge/environment - A negative influence for me was that the environment made playing the game a challenge because the Frisbee would go flying everywhere.

+/positive - equipment - A positive influence was that I brought all my gear even though I still wore a singlet out in the wind on the field.

  • Explain how these factors effected my participation (with specific examples)
these factors effected my participation by making me want to play because I like a challenge even though the environment was cold and windy. It was also an alright game because we had previous experiences just inside instead of outside. But over all I participated at my fullest.

How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future ?
remind myself as well as my peers to not only bring their PE gear but bring PE gear appropriate to the whether.

0 comments:

Post a Comment