Pages

Tuesday 8 August 2017

1101PEA_Fitness Suite Circuit


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.
The physical activity I participated in was a fitness circuit (In this situation a circuit is a small group of activities that we went through three times). Consisting of activities that involved strength and cardio such as bicep curls, rowing, lunge jumps, cycling, Russian twists, bur-pees, med ball squats and agility zigzag. On each activity we spent 45 seconds to do as much as we could while taking our time to not strain muscles or ligaments. we did a circuit of 45 seconds for each activity twice. The last circuit we did we were told that we were to spend 20 seconds on each activity but this time we were to put in our maximum amount of effort and the rest of our energy for each activity until the circuit finished.


  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)
My level of effort and engagement for this activity would be M-Merit
Marking criteria :

1. Does their best
2. Seeks to improve their performance through development of skills, well-being and fitness
3. Works hard towards the goal or objective of the activity


  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).

- Fitness
- Well-being
- Injury/illness

  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
- Fitness(+) - Fitness positively influenced my participation because I participated as much as possible because fitness is a key part of my life and i enjoy it.

- Well-being(+) - Well-being positively influenced my participation because I participated more knowing that what we were doing wasn't just for an assessment but it was also for my own well-being and that I could take from what we were doing in another way other than school work.

- Injury/illness(-) - Injury/illness negatively influenced my participation because I had recently bruised my tailbone by falling when playing after school basketball. This resulted in me not being able to participate in one of the activities as much as I would have liked to which was the Russian twist.

  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
I could have increased the participation of myself and my peers by reminding my friends to come school and peering up with them and encouraging them as they encourage me whilst doing each activity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment