Pages

Monday 11 September 2017

1101PEA 1.1 - Volleyball

  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.
The physical activity I participated in was Volleyball. It is a summer sport that requires a net a volleyball and a flat surface. Volleyball is a sport that usually requires a team of six players and the roles for each player would be along these lines. Front left, front centre, front right, back left, back right and server. How to play. To play this sport you must hit ball over net to the opponents team using only your hands and you must hit it in a volleyball fashion such as the spike, serve, set or dig. The goal of the game is to hit the ball to the opposing team and make it hit the ground whilst still in and not on or outside the outlines.











  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)
M - Merit
(Marking criteria)
- Does their best
- Supports the development by assisting with their needs when required
- Shows enjoyment of the intent of the activity
- Works hard towards the goal or objective of the activity
  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).
- Challenge
- Skill level
- Previous experience
  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
Challenge - ( - ) Challenge negatively influenced my participation because a majority of our class including me wasn't very good at volleyball which made it a bit of a challenge sometimes when playing.

Skill level - ( - ) Skill level also negatively influenced my participation because mine and others skill level wasn't very high when playing volleyball which decreased my participation because games wouldn't last very long and it ended up being just muck around games.

Previous experience - (+) Previous experience positively influenced my participation because I've known how to play and the rules to volleyball since primary which increased my participation because I knew how to hit the ball most times it came to me and knew when to set or when I was to spike.

How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
I could increase my (or my peers) participation by reminding them how to hit the ball no matter how it's coming at them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment