Pages

Thursday 28 September 2017

1101PEA_1.1 Assessment - Tag

  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.
The physical activity I participated in was Tag. The tag I am explaining is not the tag little kids play on the play ground. Tag is like ripper rugby and if you don't know what that is tag is a game that requires a Velcro belt and two tags for each player and a rugby ball. The rules are no forward passes, no kicking only drop kicking on final, hand over if you drop the ball or fail to intercept, 3-6 rips depending on how many players, you must tap the ball and pass when starting and roll the ball through the legs after being ripped. And obviously you must rip at least one tag off the player running with the ball. Other rules you could add are if two players rip both tags off the opponent with the ball that could be two rips even though it was only one player. Another rule is that you can just tap and pass if you want after being ripped.






  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)

Merit -

- Does their best
- Motivated and reliable in the practical context
- Shows enjoyment of the of the intent of the activity

  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).
- Fitness
- Injury/illness
- Equipment

  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
- Fitness (+) Fitness positively influenced my participation because I enjoyed participating because I could tell it was improving my fitness because I was running lots and was sweating by the end of the session.

- Injury/illness ( - ) Injury/illness negatively influenced my participation because mid way through the first period of our double period in the rec I tried scoring and slid over the line on my but and hit my elbow and knee on the ground which kind of hurt which ended up slightly affecting my participation but not by much.

- Equipment ( - ) Equipment negatively influenced my participation because even though I had my gear but the shirt I wore was a sports shirt which I'm pretty sure is for out doors because I get no air what so ever passing through it when in doors which caused it to be very hot and sweaty which wasn't necessarily pleasant so this decreased my participation slightly as well because I ended up being hot and tired and not participating as much.

  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
Pretty much just make sure that there are no courses or out of class activities when we have a double period of practical because there were courses going on which ended up making about just under half our class absent from the session we had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment